2012年6月13日水曜日

The Tamiya 1979 Ligier JS11


I was very proud of this one, when I first made it.  The sky blue and the white (rattle can) painted areas met well - and it was the first time I'd ever mask-taped around curves.  And after applying the red stripes, any roughness between the two colors was invisible.  I also used my technique of cutting all the excess clear bits out, between the letters / numbers, so the car looked sharp when finished.  I also gave the chrome plated wings, and upper sidepod "gills" a couple mist coats of Gunze (now Mr Hobby) smoke color, to tone them down - a trick I learned from a now-ancient modeling magazine, and still use today.  And I used the then-new Modeller's meta look foil on the insides of the rear wing endplates.  Twenty years on now, however, all the white decals have yellowed considerably.  And that's even with this kit, like all my other original kits, having been kept in its box for most of the time.  The "Gitan" decals, by the way, came with the kit - tobacco sponsor decals weren't banned yet, then.