2012年6月13日水曜日

The Tamiya 1978 Ferrari 312T3


Another one of my oldest builds, and one of the first I had to do a masking paint job on.  At first, I just painted the entire body red, and used the white decals that came with the kit.  But the white decals showed through / were too thin, so I got another body, and did this two-color (rattle can) painting.  I also did more engine piping detail (not shown) on this one, than with any other model I'd made previously.  Gave me valuable experience (e.g. clear fishing line brush-painted clear yellow, is great for fuel lines in the engine bay).  Unfortunately, the red paint on the upper cowling has cracked on this one.  I'm not sure if it was moisture in the air when I spray painted it (can't remember what the weather was 20 years ago), or if I laid the red layers on too thick.  So with that (and the yellowing, un-clear coated decals), it's not a build I'm too proud to show off anymore.  But it was fun building it.